Helping Families In New Jersey For Over 20 Years

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Post-Decree Modifications And Enforcement
  4.  » Child Relocation And Removal

When A Parent Wants To Move Away

The one constant in life is that it is always changing. A new job, a desire to be closer to one’s relatives or simply a personal choice are all reasons why a person may wish to relocate. If the person is a parent who is divorced or separated from the child’s other parent, it is important to seek help from an experienced lawyer who can help ensure that any actions are carried out appropriately.

At the Law Office of Edward Fradkin, LLC, our attorney has more than 20 years of experience handling family law matters throughout New Jersey. If you are considering moving out-of-state or if the other parent of your child is planning to move, call us at 732-702-0612 to schedule a free initial consultation.

Modifying A Custody Agreement

Relocations can strain an already frayed relationship between separated parents. One parent may have a legitimate desire to live elsewhere, while the other parent may view this as a ploy to drive a wedge between them and their child.

We represent both parents who are seeking a move and those who are challenging a relocation because they believe the other parent has ill intentions. While we are committed to protecting the interests of our clients, our ultimate goal is to find a solution that both sides can live with. This may involve modifying a child custody order so that the child can spend holidays with one parent, or modifying a child support order to account for travel expenses. Regardless of which side you find yourself on, we want to help maintain healthy parental relationships with your child.

Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation

To learn more about modifying a custody or support plan, call our law office in Freehold at 732-702-0612. You may also contact us online, and we will respond to your message promptly.